Optimizing feeding strategies for farrowing and lactating sows
Maximize sow productivity
Feed lactating sows strategically
Nedap Farrowing Feeding supports your bottom line by encouraging the lactating sow to take in the feed she needs for milk production.
Nedap developed Nedap Farrowing Feeding to automatically deliver portions of diets multiple times per day to encourage optimal feed intake, helping sows produce sufficient milk for robust piglets while maintaining body condition.
Precision in breeding stalls
You can use Nedap SowSense in breeding stalls to deliver precise rations in the post-weaning transition. Feed and manage each sow as an individual in all production phases. It makes Sense.
Benefits of farrowing feeding
- Adjustable dosing speed
- Feeding in accordance with the sow’s needs
- Heavier piglets at weaning
- Better sow condition for faster rebreeding
- Ability to feed automatically or manually at any time
- Accurate dispensing of feed at multiple feeding times per day, as often as 24 times
Read what our customers are saying about Nedap Farrowing Feeding
"Nedap is providing advanced technology with options to provide detailed individual feeding strategies."
About the farm
- 1,000 sows
- Multi-generational family farm
- One of first farms in Spain to use Nedap ESF
"I could see a difference right away. The piglets are heavier when they are weaned.”
About the farm
- 350 Danish Landrace sows
- 4.000 gilts delivered yearly
- Also 370 acres of arable land