Proactive individual health management for early detection of health issues and intensive monitoring of transition cows and post-treatment recovery.
Monitor cow health for a more productive and sustainable herd
Proactive herd health management
Nedap Health Monitoring registers the behavior of all your cows 24/7. It determines the health, well-being and nutritional status of a cow or group of cows in a precise way and identifies possible bottlenecks. With this information, you can find health issues early, intensively monitor transition cows and post-treatment recovery, provide better individual cow treatment and save time and costs.
Nedap Health Monitoring also delivers valuable herd performance trends to improve farm processes and management.
Detect health issues before they become problems
Nedap Health Monitoring detects health issues before their clinical signs and symptoms are visible to the human eye. A change in a cow’s behavior can indicate a potential health problem.
Early detection of these abnormalities in combination with quick action helps minimize the emergence of health issues, and thus prevents the possible need for medical treatment, a drop in milk production, reduced fertility, culling or even death.
Monitor transition cows intensively
Closely monitoring the behavior of cows around calving enables you to identify which cows need extra attention during this risky period, when they are more susceptible to disease because of changes in the environment, feed, energy balance and stress. A change in behavior may indicate specific health problems related to calving.
Measure post-treatment recovery
Eating, rumination and activity behavior are important indicators of recovery from health issues. Cows with abnormal behavior during recovery might need additional clinical examination to stay one step ahead of serious problems.
Real-time alerts and to-do lists
- Nedap Health Monitoring automatically alerts when a cow needs urgent intervention
- Cows with abnormalities are shown on a list with ‘animals to check today’
Clear individual cow insights
- 48-hour report showing complete time a cow spent across all activities
- 60-day reports showing her day totals per activity and comparing her to the group benchmark
Joep Driessen, CowSignals Training Center, part of the Vetvice Group:
“One sick cow takes as much time as 40 healthy cows.”
The benefits at a glance
- Increased labor effeciency and effectiveness
- Fewer health problems
- More effective treatment
- Preventing production loss
- Improved fertility through better condition
- Extended life span
- Increased number of lactations
- Reduced culling rates
- Reduction of verterinary treatment and medication costs
- Peace of mind with more control over your herd's health 24/7
Thousands of Nedap Health Monitoring users worldwide are convinced of the value it brings to their businesses. Read their stories.
"We would make the same investment again today."
About the farm
- Dairy and crop farm
- 500 dairy cows - 410 lactating animals - and 600 young stock (Holsteins and Canadian-Frisians)
- Youngstock pastures at the end of the year
- 10,000 kg per cow, with over 4% fat and 3.43% protein
- 13 full-time employees
- 1,000 hectares of land
“Heat detection, health monitoring and cow positioning is now a way of life.”
About the farm
- Wilfred runs the farm together with his father Anton
- 114 cows, 100 young stock
- Robotic milking
"The work is now done much more quickly. We have been waiting for this for years."
About the farm
- 400 dairy cows, over 330 are being milked by 5 robots
- 250 youngstock
- 120 dry cows and pregnant yearlings
- 200 hectares of land
- 3 full time employees
Fully integrated with Heat Detection and Cow Positioning
Combination is key. Nedap COWcontrol ™ is always equipped with the combination of Heat Detection and Health Monitoring and can be extended with Cow Positioning. Combining Health Monitoring and Heat Detection means being able to achieve better cow health, a more productive and sustainable herd, maximized reproduction results and increased labor efficiency. Adding Cow Positioning allows you to save even more time and increase efficiency further.
Outstanding heat detection accuracy, advice on the optimal insemination moment and reproduction insights.
Locate cows that need attention or treatment quickly and easily. View their real-time position on your barn map with one click on PC, tablet or smartphone.
Measure and evaluate the impact of feeding, milking and housing strategies on herd performance.