How can you use every square inch of your pig stall optimally?
The third exit from the Nedap PorkTuner leads to the delivery space once pigs are up to delivery weight. The animals use every square inch of the pen until the moment that the first pigs reach delivery weight; you partition off the selection space only when selecting. This way, you use every square inch of stall space much more efficiently. Furthermore, you deliver pigs at the desired delivery weight and you get an extremely reliable delivery prognosis and schedule beforehand. Not only is this practical for you, but efficiency also increases throughout the chain due to better logistical planning.
More yield, lower feed costs, less labour
You benefit in multiple areas with this efficient stall set-up and individual feeding method.
- Thanks to better utilisation of stall space, you can deliver up to 11% more pigs annually.
- Average yield price per kilo increases since you no longer have weight discount.
- Improved delivery planning: the system provides a reliable prognosis of delivery moments for main, intermediate and residual deliveries from each pen. In the summary on your computer screen, you see exactly how many pigs you can load from which stall.
- Lower feed costs and higher growth rates from feed based on need. Based on actual body weight, the system determines the moment to switch each individual pig from starter feed to final feed via an intermediate step.
- Higher health status and better bio-security: your personnel doesn’t need to walk among the pigs for marking or delivery. So less animal–human contact and less risk of spreading disease.
- Less labour: Placement and delivery of pigs is much less labour-intensive. When stocking, personnel don’t have to sort piglets by weight: sorting is done automatically.
- Stalls are easier to clean and disinfect with less fencing and corners.
Combine this with savings of € 20,000 in employee costs, and the result is € 663,726 of extra yield and savings each year. And this doesn’t even include the benefits of higher yield price per kilo, faster growth rates and health status.
|Number of places||20,000||20,000|
|Number of fattening pigs delivered/year*||71,251||79,348||+ 8,097|
|Yield per pig**||€ 156||€ 156|
|Stocking costs per pig||€ 66||€ 66|
|Feed costs/pig***||€ 55||€ 50.46||– € 4.54|
|Feed profit/pig||€ 35||€ 39.54||+ € 4.54|
|Total annual feed profit||€ 2,493,789||€ 3,137,515||+ € 643,726|
|Annual labour costs||€ 40,000||€ 20,000||– € 20,000|
|Total additional yield and savings/yr.||+ € 663,726|
*With the Nedap PorkTuner, you deliver up to 11% more pigs each year
**At live delivery weights of 130 kg and an LG price/kilo of € 1.20
***Average feed price of € 0.25/kg and savings of 18.2 kg of feed with the Nedap PorkTuner